Membership is open to all business owners, clubs, organizations and interested individuals who want to help make a difference!
Our fiscal year is November 1 – October 31. Our Annual General Meeting is held each October on the Thursday of Small Business Week. This year’s meeting and election of officers is
Thursday October 20 at 7 p.m.
Join us in the Eagle’s view Room at the Best Western PLUS Valemount Inn and Suites –
Theme to be announced
More details will be published at they come available
Also in attendance will be Community Futures, Basin Business Advisory
Business Card Door Prize Draw
and of course the Annual General Meeting, including year end reports, and Election of Officers for he coming year.
Regular Membership is $87.00
Associate Members $50.00
Dues may be paid by Cheque, Cash or email transfer
Early bird rates apply to dues paid by October 31
A paid membership in the Chamber will get you a live link to your own website from our Business Directory!
“Why should I join the Chamber?”
“What’s in it for me?”
In addition to the Chamber Members Benefits Program which includes health and dental plans custom fit to your business, gasoline and fuel discounts through major distributors, and many others, Valemount & Area Chamber of Commerce can offer:
- A perfect place to meet other local business owners.
- The Chamber of Commerce is often the first place of contact for those outside of Valemount, regarding new business opportunities and existing business enquirers.
- The Chamber of Commerce is up to date on most business grants and loans available.
- We frequently arrange seminars and workshops at low or no extra cost, to bring together members and experts from inside and outside of Valemount, to maximize all possibilities to enhance new and existing businesses.
- We also play an important part in investigating complaints and advocate on behalf of the local business community if required.
- Your local Chamber of Commerce works with other Chambers of Commerce in BC to stay informed on subjects and issues outside of Valemount, so we have the overall “big picture” of businesses to aid local decisions.
- Your Chamber of Commerce can assist in organizing your Business after Business social
- Membership in a Chamber of Commerce provides businesses an influential avenue to voice their ideas for economic improvement in their community. A large membership contributes to a stronger Chamber, and that can affect a more positive impact on decisions made toward attracting investment into the area.
- Your Chamber of Commerce can be influential in the development of policies at provincial and federal levels
Additionally as a member of the Chamber of Commerce, your small business may be eligible for awards.